Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Awareness

Using a wall seemed easier.
Because I didn't have a block, I used a stool as an alternative.

When practicing this asana many people have different reactions. For beginners it may be easy or extremely hard. Here is my personal reflection when practicing Ardha Chandrasana...

The best environment to practice this asana (or any Yoga pose) is a clean place where you can focus and let go of yourself. For some, it might be in the wilderness and others in a yoga studio. I find it best to practice this asana in a clean and quiet empty room where I'm free of distractions (like a yoga studio). Finding peace and awareness in this asana was hard at first. I had to focus on my steady breathing and engaging my bundhas. After a few breaths of just clearing my thoughts and enjoying the moment I was able to my bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment